Aims pursued by the ‘Neptunea’ group:
- Initiation of members into collecting skills.
- Organization of field trips and discussion of the results.
- Book reviews and consultation of ancient or recent works.
- Presentation of latest issues of the most important shell periodicals.
- Exchanging of collecting hints.
- Organisation of exhibitions for shells and books.
- Study of certain families, genera or species of molluscs or shells from a certain shelling province.
- Attention to the mollusca within the protection of nature, especially to the study of worldwide biodiversity.
- Lectures, illustrated by PowerPoints, digital photographs or videos.
- Support of the periodical ‘Neptunea’ by critical discussing or writing papers.
- Becoming acquainted with photographing shells.
- BREAKING NEWS:
- Neptunea 16(3) and Neptunea 16(4) with the description of five new Calliostoma species from West African waters are now available.
- Neptunea 17(1) with the description of a new Apertifusus and an in-depth look to other fasciolariids from W African waters.
- Digital copies of the ‘Neptunea‘ magazine up to 15(3) are now available for free.
- New PowerPoints: