Aims pursued by the ‘Neptunea’ group:
- Initiation of members into collecting skills.
- Organization of field trips and discussion of the results.
- Book reviews and consultation of ancient or recent works.
- Presentation of latest issues of the most important shell periodicals.
- Exchanging of collecting hints.
- Organisation of exhibitions for shells and books.
- Study of certain families, genera or species of molluscs or shells from a certain shelling province.
- Attention to the mollusca within the protection of nature, especially to the study of worldwide biodiversity.
- Lectures, illustrated by PowerPoints, digital photographs or videos.
- Support of the periodical ‘Neptunea’ by critical discussing or writing papers.
- Becoming acquainted with photographing shells.
- Free digital copies of previously published editions of the ‘Neptunea‘ magazine are available, 15(1) inclusive.
- BREAKING NEWS:
- Neptunea 15(3) was published on 1 March 2021 with articles on Euspira lemaitrei, ‘Venus simulans’, Hastula matheroniana and two new species in the family Terebridae.
- Additional new PowerPoints on ‘Venus simulans‘ versus Venus verrucosa, on the geographic distribution of Euspira lemaitrei and the cryptic Modiolus gallicus Dautzenberg, 1895.